Full course description
Participants will learn the six phases of The Purposeful Classroom (Fisher & Frey) within the context of the instructional and learning needs of English Learners. This book study will help you, the participants, transform your classrooms by establishing a purpose for yourself and your students.
1. Focusing on Learning Targets, Not Tasks
2. Including Both Content and Language Components
3. Ensuring that the Purpose Is Relevant
4. Inviting Students to Own the Purpose
5. Identifying Outcomes Related to the Purpose
6. Knowing When a Learning Target Has Been Met